CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Diagnosis........Type 2 Diabetes

Newly diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes!   I went in to the doctors on Monday, March 25th for a whole other issue and turns out my symptoms were because I have Diabetes!

What is up with that???

Ok, ok........first off I have to confess.....I have a major sweet tooth and a deep love for all things potato!!  But I know that isn't all that diabetes is about.   My parents have been diabetic for quite a while now and my sister was diagnosed a little bit ago.  Now I am added to the family history.

I have to admit.....I am shocked but then at the same feel like I shouldn't be so shocked.  It's hard to put into words.  I can say that I am a bit upset with myself.  Although I haven't put on any extra weight, my eating habits haven't been the greatest lately.  I am of course a statistic to the eating later than I should due to work schedule and a busy lifestyle, which of course brings on stress and feeling overwhelmed a lot and then the obvious result of eating out due to all that.   But now that I have been diagnosed.........I need to through all those excuses out the window.  Because that is what they are.....excuses!

After I sat sulking for an evening and scarfed a 3 Muskateers bar (I know I shouldn't have and yes I 'scarfed' it), I at that point became determined.  That was it!  My last candy bar and now it's time to get serious.

So here I am, learning how to manage my sugar levels and what to eat and what not to eat.  Know that during this time I am putting full faith and trust in God.  God is the one who will give me the strength in this journey.  I am praying for healing.......and would appreciate your prayers as well.   I plan to stand on God's Word and trust in His promises.  Seeking His wisdom the whole entire time!

So until my follow-up appointment on Monday........let's all stand and trust in God for all our needs!

God's blessings!

~Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment