CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Just Another One of Those Days....



Yes, it was just another one of those days when Satan tries to steal my joy……..and succeeds!  Ugh!   Why is it that I don’t see that sometimes?  Why is it the day after when I have a meltdown that I realize this fact?  Why is it that I get blindsided when I know what God’s Word says?  I should be living my life in victory because Jesus has already won and therefore, I can live in His VICTORY!!
Ah, but I am of mere flesh……

“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”  Matthew 26:41

It was one of those days when I feel overwhelmed with life or am dealing with some physical pain that Satan just seizes that opportunity, swoops in and steals the joy from me……causing a meltdown.  Yesterday was that day!  I was wearing a new pair of shoes and my feet were killing me…..beyond any pain a new pair of shoes had ever caused.  I was miserable by the end of the day.  Felt like my feet were in vice grips.  I had been feeling a little overwhelmed the last couple of days with all the responsibilities that I have between work, home and other commitments I have made.   And waking up early (way earlier than usual) to make my husband lunch and kiss him before he heads out to work, it was leaving me feeling exhausted.  I usually can fall back asleep but not these last couple days.    
It is amazing how feeling overwhelmed with things in life just opens the door to Satan if I am not careful or not fully prepared for my day.  But I must confess that I was allowing myself to be in that state of mind, allowing myself to feel frustrated and whiney!  I hate to say it but it’s the truth.  You know, that ‘pity party’ that is just a Pit of Lies!  And he just loves it….and swoops in.

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.” John 10:10a

“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8

Now it’s the day after and it has all passed and now clarity sets in.  I was able to go to bed early last night and get the rest my body was obviously desperate for.  And it’s at this point I am reminded of God’s truth and His promises.  Oh how I cling to Isaiah 40:31!

“but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.”  Isaiah 40:31

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

Sadly, I am sure I will have another one of those kind of days.  But today is not going to be one of them!  Today, I am prepared and I am standing on God’s Word!

Chronicling my walk with my Savior!

God’s blessings,

Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment